Deliver Dynamic Presentations
Communication and public speaking skills aren’t in our genes or DNA. Both are a skill that we must spend time learning in order to be sure we are doing it effectively. And, the ability to communicate, present ideas in a clear and concise manner, or otherwise speak and be heard is paramount in today’s fast-moving business world.
This course covers an array of topics that will facilitate excellent public speaking skills and the ability to put forth ideas. It addresses the basics of communication, audience analysis, supporting ideas with appropriate evidence, speech outlining and preparing notes, developing an introduction and conclusion, organizing the speech, using powerful and persuasive language, delivery, developing strong PowerPoint slides, persuasive speaking, and overcoming nerves.
Your trainer, Catherine Mattice, is an internationally recognized keynote speaker, and has been teaching college students to deliver dynamic presentations for over a decade.
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Overcome anxiety, and even use nerves to their advantage
- Create a great first impression
- Organize speech content for maximum impact
- Deliver a speech appropriate to a specific audience using audience analysis tools
- Provide strong and credible evidence to support ideas
- Use nonverbal communication (eye contact, gestures, posture, etc) to build credibility
- Deliver commanding speeches using powerful language and rhythm
- Properly write speech notes and use them effectively
- Avoid persuasive fallacies and use proven persuasive techniques
- Handle questions from the audience with confidence
- Create a powerful PowerPoint presentation
- Excel in their own personal speaking style
This course is highly interactive, and includes activities, discussions, workbook (and time to practice!)