Catherine Mattice Zundel is trained in a coaching method designed specifically for people who are unaware of, or who minimize, the impact of their communication and behavior.
This method is based on Dr. Laura Crawshaw’s extensive research with over 450 executives, managers, supervisors and professionals. This very specific, methodical process helps individuals quickly gain insight into the impact of their words and actions and develop non-destructive communication strategies.
- Confidential interviews with eight to ten peers, and presentation of themes discovered to the client in order to overcome denial that current communication isn’t working
- Four to six months of 60-90 minute phone calls every week, eventually moving into every other week
- The second round of interviews (i.e., pulse check) after three to four months of coaching to show improvement and identify areas for further coaching
- Activities, exercises, articles, books, and other exercises that allow the client to discover and practice empathy and new communication skills.
Coaching is focused on helping the client understand perceptions of them and why those perceptions exist. Then we can work to develop and test strategies that will eliminate those negative perceptions.
My coaching clients are usually high performers, extremely valuable to the organization, and highly intelligent. These are the very reasons the organization has allowed the behavior to continue. My goal is to help the client be more effective than they already are, by eliminating disruptive behavior.
- Overcome denial that their behavior is harmful
- Gain a clear perspective of how others view them and why
- Define custom goals and strategies for change
- Take charge of the way one is perceived by others and work to adjust it
- Develop self-awareness and the ability to self-monitor
- Build emotional intelligence
- Discover and practice new communication skills
- Resolve roadblocks to change
The benefits of coaching to the individual are:
- Increased self-awareness and improved communication
- Improved ability to work as a collaborative team member
- Enhanced organizational awareness
The benefits of coaching to the organization include:
- Better performing work team
- Reduced workplace stress
- Improved communication among staff
- Respectful and supportive work environment
Get the eBook, Abrasive Leaders & How to Stop Them: A Coaching Method That Works.